Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A letter

Good day, sir.
Firstly I want to thank you because you have given me 1000Frw [£1] to pay to the school for my photo.
Sir, I need between 6000 Frw and 8000 Frw to set up a little business, in order that I do not need to come and bother you every day.
Sir, choose – do you want to give me a little money or for me to come and bother you every day?
Sir, do you accept that I will be able to not bother you every day?
Sir, I await your answer.
It is Eugene, the pupil of Rusunyu School.
Thank you for your understanding
Eugene

This arrived in my office a couple of days ago. Eugene is an orphan pupil in p6 who we have helped a little – he is bright and speaks good French, is not always truthful but is certainly persistent. I’m still thinking about what to do, but it certainly won’t be long before he is back “pour me déranger chaque jour”.

No comments: