Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Murabeho! (Goodbye!)

It is time to end this blog : I have now been back in Scotland and have reflected on my time on Rwanda. There are some still unpublished stories and more than 1000 photos, but they will have to wait. If I continue to blog, it will be somewhere else and about something else. This title has served its purpose and the reflections on re-entry are mostly too personal for me to put on the internet.
Having set out to Rwanda expecting “new eyes”, I will be finding these in Scotland, too. I am returning to a new role as grandfather in November, a new job (soon, I hope!), probably a new home in a new location and a spiritual home in a new Christian community. My experience in Rwanda will, it seems prove to be a watershed in my life in many ways.

No comments: